We currently do NOT accept grant applications.
Until further notice, new grant applications can only be submitted in 2021.
Grant application process
Check, if your proposal meets the funding criteria of the Max Kohler Foundation.
Send us basic information about your request in English or German using the online application tool via the button below. You will receive an email within four to six weeks whether you are invited to submit a full application via the same tool. The tool is only available in German. Please contact the foundation in case you need help to fill it out. Only mandatory fields need to completed.
Your full application is carefully reviewed by the executive management. This can include personal meetings, site visits or consulting experts. Please plan enough time when submitting your application since several months can pass until you receive a final decision by the Foundation Board.
- Grant applications are only accepted via the Online Application Tool.
- Grant decisions for proposals up to CHF 10'000 are made by the President and Executive Director throughout the year.
- Grant decisions for proposals above CHF 10'000 will be made by the Foundation Board in its two annual meetings in spring and autumn. Submission deadlines will be published on this website on due course.
- A positive assessment by the Executive Management during the application process is not yet a funding committment.
- In case of grant approvals of CHF 50,000 or more, a grant agreement will be signed.
- Our annual grant making budget for external applications is approx. CHF 1 Mio. Approximately CHF 500'000 of the budget is allocated to the program area Youth & Culture. The residiual CHF 500'000 are either invested in pure cultural OR pure youth projects.