At the moment, we have a suspension on applications until November 30, 2023. New initial requests can only be handled again after this date.
Next submission period for May/June 2024 board meeting:
December 1, 2023 to March 22, 2024
Step 1 (Intial request by email)
Please send us first some basic information or a short project outline BY EMAIL to info(at)maxkohler-stiftung.ch. You will usually receive a reply within 4-6 weeks as to whether you will be invited to submit a full application.
- Check, if your proposal meets the funding criteria of the Max Kohler Foundation.
- Requests are only accepted in German or English.
- Requests sent by post will not be processed.
Step 2 (Full application)
Notes for completing your application in the tool:
- Use Chrome/Firefox/Microsoft Edge as a browser. Internet Explorer is not (!) supported.
- Unfortunately, it happens that emails from the system end up in the spam filter (e.g. during registration). Please check your filter before contacting the foundation.
Your application will be carefully reviewed by the management, which usually involves a personal interview, on-site visit or consultation with experts. Therefore, please allow enough time, as it may take several months before a decision is made.
In the event of a positive preliminary review by the management,
- Grant decisions for proposals above CHF 10'000 will be made by the Foundation Board in its two annual meetings in spring and autumn. Submission deadlines will be published on this website on due course.
- Grant decisions for proposals up to CHF 10,000 will be made by the President and the Managing Director throughout the year.
- Grant applications are only accepted via the Online Application Tool.
- A positive assessment by the Executive Management during the application process is not yet a funding committment.
- In case of grant approvals of CHF 50,000 or more, a grant agreement will be signed.